Thursday, March 10, 2011

"Thank You" to the Vet School


On Saturday my boyfriend and I picked up a sweet dog that was wandering near a busy street.


He had a collar and we were quickly able to locate his owner. Unfortunately, the owner did not want the dog and told us that we could keep him or let him loose again! This broke my heart that anyone could be so cold toward such a sweet pup. Fortunately for the dog (which we began to call "Pickles"), letting him loose wasn't an option. My apartment doesn't allow dogs, so I had to bring him to the Vet School that night, in hopes that I could find a home for him before Monday when it would be time for the School to send him to the shelter. Amazingly I was able to find a wonderful and loving temporary home for him until we can place him in his forever home.

I wanted to make a "Thank You" card for the AMAZING people at the Vet School. They took in Pickles with open arms and even vaccinated him for free! They said he ate well, slept well, and the next day they played with him outside for a very long time. They treated us so kindly and even thanked ME for being such a good Samaritan! They were the true heroes and I thought I would show my gratitude by making them this card :-) I used the colors from Heather Pulvirenti's Totally Hues Challenge 3. I also got inspiration for my card layout from this tutorial by Kristina Werner. Thanks for looking and have a great day!

CIMG0329

2 comments:

  1. I am happy that pickles is on his way to a happy home. We have two little dogs, and they are very much a part of our family. Your card was the one the jump out at me out of the bunch. Love your take on this challenge.

    ReplyDelete