Thursday, February 25, 2010

Dreams really do come true.

Hello out there! Here is my submission for this week's 2S4Y challenge.




I made this card for a bridal shower gift for my mom's friend. She has been unlucky in love in the past, and, being 50+, I think she had given up on the idea of dating or ever finding Mr. Right. Well, she met her prince charming about 2 years ago and they are finally tying the knot in March! I thought it would be a very sweet card to her because her dream really did come true :-)

This was my first attempt sewing on a card. I bought a Pixie craft sewing machine in September '09 to get me started, but I always have trouble with it. I have never sewn before, so it could just be me doing something wrong, but the more I play with it and still have trouble, the more I think it is just the machine :-) I'm still glad I got it though, because at least it's something cheap I can practice on until I see how much I actually use the sewing technique on my paper crafts.

For this card, I used a bunch of different things. The patterned paper is from K&Co's "Bailey" line (from my "Best of K&Co" paper stack). The sentiment is from Inkadinkado's "Friendship" stamp set, and the image is also Inkadinkado, but is a wood-mounted rubber stamp. I bought the image stamp from Tuesday Morning for only $.99! The little bling is from Martha Stewart Crafts but bought at Tuesday Morning, 60 for $.99! The ribbon and string are by Kimberly Poloson for Fiskars and are from the "Cabana Blooms" ribbon pack. I distressed the edges of the ivory paper with some "antique linen" distress ink by Tim Holtz. Finally, the paper in the background is from the "Rustic" stack by DCWV.

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I love your ribbon :)
    Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so beautiful!! Your ribbon is scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! Great vintage style image! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely bridal card, I know she'll love it! And your stitching is perfect! Thank you for joining us at 2S4Y! ♥♥ Kay

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply fabulous!

    Thank you so much for playing along with us this week @ 2S4Y! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a special card, just perfect for your mom's friend! I can't believe the deals you picked up, I never find anything great at Tuesday Morning, one of these days I will! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a sweet comment. Have a wonderful weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete